In partnership with the National Film Festival for Talented Youth, Expedia recently launched a contest to win a trip and “Find Yours”. Film has always been a powerful forum to share a story and the subject of travel is no exception. Participants were asked to identify which destination they would select with a choice of Seattle, Paris, London, Morocco or Australia. The winner will star in a 2-3 minute film which will be featured on Expedia Viewfinder.
I have always believed that my life should have a purpose; I should be passionate about what I am doing and be making a positive impact. Consequently, I challenge you to “Find Your Bliss”.
Which location did I choose? Why, Seattle of course!
This may seem like an odd selection, but hear me out!
The other places offer outstanding history and culture, with once in a lifetime attractions. Yet, what happens when you get back to the reality of home. It’s often a letdown. So many people are in a monotonous routine and are only truly “alive” when they are on vacation. Is that really how you want to exist? To only be excited when you are off in an exotic locale?
Why not be grateful for the small joys you experience each day?
For instance, in Seattle you can delight in:
- Eating fresh food at Pike Place Market
- Watching sailboats from Gas Works Park
- Catching a local indie band at one of the many festivals
- Discovering hidden gems at a Chinatown bookstore
- Going for a jog at Green Lake
- Practicing yoga at one of the many studios
- Having a picnic at Carkeek Park
- Feeling like a kid on The Seattle Great Wheel
- Perusing art at Pioneer Square’s Gallery Walk
These are the types of activities that many others can do in their hometowns as well.
Understand that each day can be brilliant and that there is so much to be thankful for! “Find Your Bliss” in daily life and truly realize your potential.