Oprah’s Favorite Things are legendary. What do we have in Canada? Marilyn’s 10 Days of Giveways!
Between December 3-14, The Marilyn Denis Show gave away over $700,000 worth of items to lucky studio audience members (those at home had a chance to win online). Each day, guests received 8-12 gifts with every episode having a specific “theme”. This included kids, pets, kitchen, men, techies and more!
Tickets were requested in early November, there was no guarantee of selection and you had no idea what the topic would be (thank goodness I didn’t get kids!) I attended the “host” gift guide which featured Charles the Butler (he even hangs with royalty!)
In total I received:
- Box of 12 Ivory Column Candles from Concord Candle (smokeless and dripless!) = $37.19
- Clear glass pillar shaped candle holders = $5.40
- Corkcicle by The Weathered Gate (Charles saw this on the table while visiting a client’s private island!) = $24.99
- Cheese Gift Bag from the Cheese Boutique = $75.00
- The Wildly Delicious Ceramic Cheese Markers from The Great Canadian Gift Company = $19.99
- Rechargeable Salt & Pepper Mill by Cuisinart (spotted on the table of a Middle Eastern Royal Family!) = $89.99
- The Soup Sisters Cookbook and Imagining Canada published by Random House of Canada = $22.95 & $45.00
- Holiday Tea Collection and mesh teaball from David’s Tea = $16.50 & $3.50
- Rheo’s Festive Christmas 3 Tier by Rheo’s Thompson Candies = $38.95
- Gift card to Canadian Tire = $100.00
- Style at Home magazine = 5.99
The entire clip can be viewed here: http://www.marilyn.ca/Video.aspx#clip826007
Aryka’s Advice: I’m definitely planning on trying to get tickets for next year! My insights? The first and the last day will most likely have the highest value. Fridays will usually have a fashion theme and the second Monday will also have significant gifts.